Berean Group is seeking a Site Superintendent for Schneider Electric.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Pay rate: $49/hr
Duration: 12 Months plus
Work Location: Colorado Springs, CO, area
Work site will be in Monument, CO, about 50 miles south of Denver and 20 miles north of Colorado Springs. Close to the US Air Force Academy.
Site Superintendent II is responsible for scheduling, monitoring, and controlling all construction activities of site personnel, equipment, and subcontractors to achieve the objectives detailed in the scope of work.
- Manage and supervise all subcontractors and associated work and personnel
- Obtain, organize, execute, update, and maintain all project tracking and quality assurance documents
- Manage and ensure quality of all installed work disciplines
- Maintain, monitor, and control the plans, specifications, and submittals for all assigned scopes of work
- Execute the Project Management Plan established by the Project Manager and Project Sponsor
- Review project plan, organize project tasks, and coordinate implementation with customer
- Manage, Update and Execute work activities against the project schedule
- Coordinate facility access with customer
- Record, distribute, and track all Requests for Information (RFIs) and Material
- Update Project Manager with weekly project status reports, photos, meeting minutes, and issues logs.
- Manage Site Safety
- Ensure all personnel and subcontractors understand and adhere to safe work practices
- Coordinate and chair weekly safety meetings and attend job box talks
- Ensure all personnel and subcontractors have, wear, and use appropriate, required, personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Secure and confirm clean work site after each shift and all equipment stored and secured.
- Lead scheduled project coordination meetings with customer and subcontractors
- Update customer and Project Manager on project progress
- Record, prepare, and distribute all meeting minutes
- Update project/scope schedule and coordinate intended work weekly
- Participate in all required inspections with Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs)
- Identify, capture, and proactively manage scope risks & issues,
- Advise the Project Manager of any issues, risks, or concerns for mitigation
- Manage execution of corrective action plans
- Additional site and situational duties may be assigned
- Education/Certification Required:
- 2-year college degree or technical degree, or 5-years verifiable experience
- Construction management training/certification preferred
- Membership in professional water/wastewater organization
- OSHA 30-hour certification required
- First Aid / CPR certification required or ability to obtain within 30 days
- Valid driver’s license
- Understand wastewater plant operation
- 5+ years heavy construction (excavation, industrial)
- Construction management best practices
- Proven, confident, collaborative leader
- Proven team player
- Passionate about customer service and team success
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated problem solving
- Proven flexibility adjusting and adapting to dynamic, variable circumstances daily
- Detailed, organized record keeping
- Practical experience with and understanding of mechanical, electrical, and control systems (PLCs, HMIs) typically present in a wastewater treatment facility
- Advanced, demonstrated ability to read mechanical, electrical, control drawings and schematics
- Demonstrated understanding of scope of work documents
- Demonstrated ability to thoroughly understand and follow plans and specifications to construct a project
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and Project.
- Daily work hours will vary depending on the project plan..