Job Title: Senior Software Designer (NSNJP00028786)
Location: 600 March Ottawa, ON – CANADA K2K 2E6
Duration: 12 months contract
End Client: NOKIA
Candidate will work out of Nokia Ottawa office when COVID restrictions are lifted and office reopens.
This will be long term assignment with headcount approval required every 6 months, not to exceed 36 months on assignment.
The following are top requirements and candidates MUST have experience and visible in the work history of the resume. Candidate must be able to speak in detail on previous experience during technical interview.
- Extensive Java EE development experience on the framework and libraries, including Spring framework, Hibernate, JMS, Servlet and JSP Custom Tag.
- Proficiency with Java programming including experience with Java 8 (the Stream API, concurrency API and lambda expressions)
- Hands on experience with front end related technologies such as JQuery, Bootstrap, Polymer, React, etc
- Knowledge of IP Networking and related protocols: OSPF, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, etc
Highly-motivated software developer will be responsible to develop custom web-based applications, and network automation tools which are part of a solution portfolio that leverage Nokia’s Network Automation Platform (NSP) to deliver end-to-end services to our customers performing Service Provisioning, Service Automation, Monitoring, and Reporting functions.
• Contribute to the on-going evolution of the existing customer specific software solutions by designing, implementing and testing software components anywhere in the software stack
• Build software applications using Nokia’s OSS platform framework.
• Work in close partnership with other designers, testers, system architect and project manager
• Interacting with support team to determine root cause for software issues found in the field and develop practical, efficient solutions.
• Conduct unit and regression testing
• Write and maintain documentation for internal purposes as well as for the customer
• 7+ years of experience in software development in building web-based applications
• Proficiency with Java programming including experience with Java 8 (the Stream API, concurrency API and lambda expressions)
• Hands on experience with front end related technologies such as JQuery, Bootstrap, Spring webflow,
• Extensive Java EE development experience on the framework and libraries, including Spring framework, Hibernate, JMS, Servlet and JSP Custom Tag.
• Deep knowledge of design patterns, methodologies, best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
• Development and integration of RESTful APIs and JSON
• Working with relational databases, JDBC, SQL and JPA with Hibernate
• Expertise with unit test frameworks, automation test suites/tools/pipelines
• Have the desire and ability to learn in a fast paced, challenging environment, resourceful and flexible
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Experience working in a Professional Services team
• Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP protocol, status codes, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
• General understanding of networking technologies and protocols (e.g. IP/MPLS/Ethernet, routing, VPN/VPRN, network OAM)
• Experience with commercial and open source servers like Apache web server, Apache Tomcat.
• Experience supporting live deployments on customer networks
Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.